Sunday, February 21, 2010

SUNSHINE!!!



Oh, how I love, LOVE this sunshine. Seriously. I cannot get enough. Isn't life just so much nicer when the sun is out? I would completely be one of those people who suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder is I lived in Alaska in the winter (Port Angeles is bad enough!!) But, anyway, we have truly been enjoying this weather. It's supposed to start raining next week, so we're not taking a moment for granted. This afternoon will be the third day in a row that we've been to the park, and Hickory has benefited from lots of walks. These past few days at the park I have really seen that Kate has absolutely no sense of self-preservation. None. There is one slide that is really high and twisty, and has about 20 stairs to climb to the top. But was she scared? No. Did she want my help? NO. In fact, she was absolutely livid that I tried to go down it with her. She said, "No, momma, no!!!" So, she went down on her own, in her own way (on her stomach, feet first) about 100 times. The other slide (in the video) isn't very high, but it's fast. Or, at least, it is when she goes down head first, on her tummy. She slid off the end once and hit the rocks with, pretty much, her face. She wasn't really visibly hurt, but the shock made her cry. I thought she'd be scared after that, but when I picked her up she said, through tears, "more!" I'm guessing our first trip to Disneyland will be a blast!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grandpa Bob's comment about the blog and video was right on.."I think we have a daredevil on our hands!" I can't imagine where those genes came from. Gram S.