Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Our big (growing?) news!


Drumroll please....we're having another baby!! Kate's going to be a big sister! I'm almost 10 weeks along and due in September. My second doctor's appointment was today, and I heard the baby's heartbeat loud and clear. My own heartbeat was quite audible as well when the midwife was listening away and then paused and said "I think there's a possiblity there might be TWO in there." I think my heart may have actually stopped beating for a moment. I had to wait about a half hour to have a real ultrasound to see, and I've never been so fidgity and anxious in all my life! In the end, there was only one little bean to be found, so I guess it was just a bonus that I got an extra ultrasound and got my first glimpse at our new addition. He/she looked like a little jelly bean with tiny buds for arms and legs. The doctor said the baby was "swimming" around, and I kind of like knowing it's in there bopping around, happily, I hope. So, we're all very excited, although I'll be even more thrilled when the ever-present nausea passes. Whomever named it "morning sickness" was a moron! I'd feel lucky if it was only in the morning. Nonetheless, I do realize nausea is a sign of a vital baby, so I'm happy. We think Kate's happy, too. She looks for the baby in my (and her) tummy, loves to read her book about being a big sister and today told me "baby suck toes" as she demonstrated this fine art. I think that's about all we can ask from an 18-month-old. We have told her that her life is going to change!!! Our whole world is going to change, in fact, and we couldn't be more excited!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOTS of beaming smiles around this house!!! Kate will be an amazing big sis. The big countdown to Sept. begins! Love, Gram and Gramps

Anonymous said...

Pure joy times two. We are so excited!
GaGa & Gumpa