Friday, February 12, 2010

Goats?

Kate thinks her bike needs an engine....
This morning when Kate woke up, we were talking and I told her that "mommy loved her." Then I asked her "who does Kate love?" clearly assuming my sweet angel would say "mommy." But, no. She just looked at me thoughtfully and said "goats." Oh well. Better luck next time! Well, today we had a VERY exciting morning. I took Kate to the Y Playcare because I haven't tried her in it for quite some time and I'm subbing a class on Monday, so I had to make sure she would be okay with it. She did like it, and just called it "diff (different) daycare." Smart, I thought! After that, I took her to Live-Yers which is a playgroup we haven't been to in awhile. We were definitely in luck because the Y just bought a huge bouncy castle/obstacle course type thing. It is HUGE. Literally, it is as long as the baskeball gym. You go in one side and crawl through all these obstacles and then reach a really tall slide at the end. Best of all, it's filled with air so the kids can't get hurt!! I thought Kate's eyes were going to pop out of her head when she saw it. All the kids were looking at it in awe, not sure if they could actually go in it. Once Kate learned she could indeed go into it, she was a wild woman. It was hilarious to watch all the kids be really cautious at first, and then just go nuts when they'd been through it once. The kids would get to the end and then just sprint back to the beginning (Kate included). I think all the parents enjoyed it as much as the kids. Who doesn't want to jump around in a big bouncy castle??!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like the magic kingdom for toddlers! What a great find. Isn't it amazing how much more independent that little one is? She has such a great variety of activities!
Ga-Ga