Friday, May 1, 2009

Who me?





I'm getting this look a lot lately...sort of a "who me?" when I say "no" or "be careful." I've had to say these things a lot more now that Kate is into absolutely everything. She has toys galore, but all she seems interested in is anything with sharp edges, or the cat food, dog's water, the toilet, etc., etc. I'm learning daily the importance of choosing my battles, which is why, unless it's truly dangerous, I'm letting her have the run of the place. It's also why she is almost always barefoot, is likely to have a bit of her previous meal smeared somewhere on her body and has started sleeping on her stomach. I've stopped obsessing about the cleanliness of every little thing and have given into her love of my keys, packages of baby wipes and measuring cups. I comfort myself by thinking she's just building up some good immunity, and, as she is yet to be sick, perhaps a more relaxed approach is not all that bad. I'm learning that I can't be a "'perfect" parent with an always pristine child, but we're having more fun each day and I'm learning that fun is much more important than sanitizing every corner of the house. Speaking of fun, we're off to enjoy the park as it's a nice, sunny day in P.A.!

2 comments:

Cindy Anna said...

How adorable!!!!

Anonymous said...

That's my girl! No inhibitions whatever. ! I especially love the laugh. Keep the videos coming. xoxo, Grandma