Wednesday, May 13, 2009

From here to there....



It's hard to believe we've come from the top photo to the bottom in nine quick months! They have flown by so incredibly fast. The top picture was taken the day before Kate was born and, oh my, how little we knew about how life was about to change. And to think I was actually worried that I wouldn't know when I was really in labor (cue hysterical laughter). Kate definitely let me know when she wanted out and, thinking back on it now, she actually let me know a lot about her personality from the womb. Our midwife called her "authoritative" before she even came out, based on the way she kicked (punched?) at the heart rate monitor every month without fail. The nurses at the hospital when I was all hooked up for a non-stress test said "my she's an active one." I remember Ryan saying, "you mean more active than most others?" and they all nodded and said "well, yes, she's moving quite A LOT." It all makes sense now that we've met this determined, funny, authoritative and ACTIVE girl. When I'm pregnant again, I'll definitely pay attention to the in utero personality....I think it's a pretty good predictor of things to come!


1 comment:

Cindy Anna said...

I just love the belly photo!!!! Dennis and I did something like that too....only he was holding a pumpkin!