Saturday, May 2, 2009

Kate's first race!



Kate did her first race today (her first outside the womb, that is). She did a 10k (6.2 miles) in 45 min. 8 sec., which was a PR for mommy by three minutes! Thanks to Ryan for running at my pace. Kate has run in the BOB stroller (the best invention EVER) most days since she was two weeks old, so she's been in training quite a long time. Normally, and by that I mean ALWAYS, Kate takes her nap on our runs. Today, however, she was very interested in all the runners before the race. I guess she was sizing up the competition because she would not fall asleep. She fussed until we took her top down so she could get a full view of the race. I guess she just wanted to bask in her first competitive event...could we have a little athlete to follow in daddy's footsteps? I suppose we'll have to wait until at least until she walks to find out...: )

1 comment:

Cindy Anna said...

Congratulations Kate! And Dennis and I just LOVE our BOB too!....absolutely the best invention ever!