Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Can't get enough cheese!

Kate has discovered something she likes almost as much as cats: cheese. She practically hyperventilates when she sees it coming. Usually, I can't break it up fast enough because she grabs hunks with both fists and just shoves them in her mouth. I had no idea she would be so obsessed. Yesterday, I put both bananas and mozzarella on her tray. She showed clear preference by methodically poking each one (presumably to see how sticky it was) and then ate every bit of cheese before moving on to bananas. Oh, the things that become wildly entertaining in the life of a mother! I thought it was pretty smart, though. It was like poking into all the chocolates in the box, to make sure you get the good ones first. I'm sure she'll do that, too, if only to make sure she lays claim to ALL of them before anyone else. This girl likes her food. Ryan and I are having visions of taking her to Italy: her sampling cheese and us sampling some vino!

3 comments:

cberner said...

A lover of cats AND cheese! A woman after my heart!

Anonymous said...

How does she manage that with only half a tooth?? Very good work!
Grandma

cberner said...

It is amazing what you can do if you really want cheese.