Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Wait a sec....

Kate's all into saying, "wait a sec..." now, along with all sorts of other phrases like, "it might be...," "probably, it is....," and "I think so..." I'm really learning what I must say to her all day long! Ryan and I DEFINITELY had to say "wait a sec, is this OUR child??" a couple nights ago when we went to a bar-be-que and Kate threw an enormous, epic-length tantrum. We knew she had a set of lungs and could protest, but this was at a whole new level. She got herself into a complete tizzy over who-knows-what and we finally had to leave so as to end both our suffering and that of the other guests! I must say it was quite embarrassing to be the parent who had no control over their child, but it was one of those times when NOTHING pleased her. I'm not sure we'll be invited back! My mom always told me I threw one huge tantrum in public and never did it again. This was at a Farrell's restaurant and, even though I have no memory of the tantrum, I was always afraid to go back there in case they recognized me as "the horrible child" or something. Ryan and I are hoping that this was Kate's one big incident, but we're a bit worried that her personality might indicate otherwise!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I want Connie's hairdo. It looks spectacular. (much more refined than Kate's "bed head" hair). Can't wait to see all of you guys in person. Maryl

Anonymous said...

Bryn and Ry, some wise person said "this too will pass". Just keep thinking about the mix of genes Miss Kate inherited! Love, GaGa Star (Connie, I love the haircut...it won't surprise you to know we're twins, (again)!