Thursday, May 20, 2010

New town, new doctor

I saw my new doctor today for the first time, and he seemed really nice. He said he was partial to red-heads, having three daughters with red hair, so he can't be bad, right?! The baby's heartbeat was strong, and he said my belly is measuring exactly 23 weeks along. I must say that my belly feels HUGE. I often marvel that it can keep stretching since I know I'm going to get MUCH larger in the coming months. I wondered the same thing with Kate, though, and somehow the belly just keeps expanding. Skin truly is an amazing organ! Kate is still complaining that she "can't see" the baby, and looks at me accusingly, as if I'm intentionally concealing a playmate from her. As she is sure that when the baby comes out (is "done cooking" in her words), she is going to: "take baby in stroller," "go outside," and "play toys," I'm certain that she is going to be shocked to see that the baby is not quite able to keep up with her. It seems not long ago that Kate was a tiny, tiny one, so I know that it really won't be long until our two kids really are playmates.

No comments: