Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hello, Bend!


We made it to Bend yesterday afternoon, and Kate must have been tired out from the journey because she slept hard--and woke up with the most fantastic bed-head I've seen on her yet!! She is happy to be here with Grandpa Bill and all the animals, but she is really missing Grandma Starla and Grandpa Bob. She's been asking for them over and over again, and spent quite awhile on our car journey saying "I don't know where Grandma Starla is," "I don't know where Grandpa Bob is," "I don't know where daddy is...." Poor thing! I feel so bad that she is confused, but she is handling it really well so far. She's definitely missing her friend Kevin, and keeps asking "if Kev's sick" probably to figure out why she hasn't seen him in so long. Making everything even more confusing is that Grandma Connie isn't here. My grandma Helen has taken a turn for the worse and my mom went almost straight from her plane to Hawaii to Salem to be with her. We're not sure what is going to happen, but it's where Grandma Connie needs to be right now. We'll be excited to see her when she gets home, hopefully on Friday. It's quite a time for everyone right now, but we are lucky to have such a strong family to help each other through everything. Ryan and Bill are at work (they go EARLY), so it's just Kate and I today. We'll be doing chores, checking out the horses and hoping for better weather than yesterday's random snow flurries and incredible winds!! If the weather doesn't cooperate, Kate will likely be happy to entertain herself as she did yesterday for over an hour: with a dryer sheet and some animals, playing "bed time." Kids are creative, for sure!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That hair is amazing! I wish I was in Bend to play with you two! Big hugs.

Auntie Courtney

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate! Grandpa Bob & I are amazed at how one little girl can fill a home with so much fun & adventure. I miss those early morning Kate hugs and that amazing smile! Love, GaGa Star