Friday, April 16, 2010

Movin' on





The time has come: Kate and I leave P.A. on Sunday. It's hard to believe that it has happened so fast. Kate, Hickory and I will be staying in Portland a few days so that Ryan, Bob and Starla can do the final packing and cleaning without the help of a toddler and a dog. I feel guilty for not helping with that part, but I suppose someone has to corral the child. I think I definitely got the better end of that deal! I'm excited to go, but I'm also a lot more sad to leave than I thought I would be. I suppose the prospect of change is always easier to handle than change itself. All of a sudden, I find myself thinking of so many things I will miss, but I know I have just as many things to look forward to in our new home. I think it's just a bit sad to think that Kate will not remember living here, and all the things she did in her first couple years. I'm glad we'll have this blog as a reminder of everything we did, and I know we'll bring her back to see where she was born. Onward and upward now! I don't know when I'll be posting next, but I know we'll have a lot to share next time I write!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moving is always bittersweet. You will be amazed, though, at how quickly Kate will make new friends and be totally at home. The important part is that all of you (including the critters!) are together. Hard and messy as it is, I always found that moving widened my world and my outlook. Hang in there.
GaGa

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Bryn! I'm sure Bend will feel like home again in no time. I can't wait to visit you there!

Love you,
Auntie Courtney

Anonymous said...

Bryn - Hard to believe you guys are already moving. We all look forward to having you guys closer. I know it is sad to leave. I also think of all the things I may never do again in PA. But the fun we did have there was because of you guys. Thanks for the memories. We look forward to seeing you guys soon.

Jason & Cyndi