Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!



After days of Kate asking to "hunt eggs," the big day finally arrived. I'm fairly certain she had no real concept of what "hunting eggs" actually entailed, but she knew it was happening on Sunday. I tried to explain that the Easter Bunny would come when she was sleeping and hide them, but when I asked her who would be hiding the eggs, she replied with about a 50/50 split of "Easter Bunny" and "Curious George." I suppose a monkey hiding eggs is about as logical as a bunny, so I'll give her that. I hid a few (11 to be precise) plastic eggs at home, and once she found 10 I seriously could not remember where the last one was. WHY is there always one left? I remember the same thing happening when I was younger. At least the plastic kind won't stink up the house...I suppose I'll have to start writing down the locations once we make the leap to real eggs. The home egg hunt was preparation for a little party we were going to in the afternoon, where there was a big egg hunt. It was actually geared more toward adults so the eggs were filled with all sorts of things (I learned to check when Kate pulled out a small firecracker out of one of them!!), but Kate loved the hunting itself. She was the first one to the door, saying "HUNT EGGS" as if it were a matter of life and death. She got so excited each time she found one, and was very angry when we had to leave. She got to join in, though, and I think she is showing some promise in the egg-locating arena. At home, she was happy to hide her plastic eggs again and is perfectly content making them into egg-shakers filled with Cheerios and dry pasta. She'll have many years of candy, I'm sure, so I'm glad that she's not interested yet. A sugar-highed Kate is not high on my list of things I need to see soon!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY EASTER, Kate! The Easter Bunny did a great job hiding Easter eggs!
That last egg is always a challenge...maybe Gumpa Bob will help you hunt for them next year. He is the biggest kid of all!! Love, Gram S.