Thursday, December 31, 2009

Ode to Raffi

Raffi was a rockstar to me when I was young. Seriously. One of my earliest memories is of being at a Raffi concert, jumping around, doing a four-year-old's version of a headbang. I grew up and moved on, but Raffi has now returned to my life. And he's a rockstar to me again, but for a different reason now: his music makes Kate an angel on long car rides. All we have to do is turn his CD on and Kate goes into a Raffi-induced coma. Oh, the lovely sound of silence, apart from the Raffi singing part, of course. So, because Ryan and I love Raffi's baby-soothing ability so much, I've written a (very poor) ode to Raffi.....

Raffi, in our house, you're worshipped like a God,

Let me tell you why, since I know it's rather odd,

We listen to you in the car,

when we have to travel far,

We put your CD on and it's like a baby-sedative,

Or, perhaps, it's really meditative?

Whatever the reason, she loves to listen,

So you're mildly annoying lyrics we're really not dissin',

Sure, we're sick of "She came from France,"

but we keep listening since it makes Kate dance,

Over and over, WHY are your CDs so short?

We do look forward to the day Kate likes music of a different sort,

But, really, thank you dearly for making Kate quiet,

Our CD's nearly broken, I guess I'll go re-buy it!

So, there you have it, obviously the rainy day is making me crazy.....

PS The photo was taken over Christmas, Kate didn't have a bottle-relapse! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay, Raffi! At 62 I still love him. I bet she grows up to like all kinds of music, but this is a good start. There are many Raffi CDs when this one drives you crazy...Amazon.
Love you, Ga-Ga C.