Monday, December 7, 2009

Baby, it's COLD outside!







Well, we entered a cold snap on Sunday, which means we were stuck inside most of the day. It's not that we mind cold so much, but it's also super windy so that's just not such a good combination. We even got a dusting of snow. Even the cat was seeking refuge, which might be why we found her huddled in this paper bag (much to Kate's delight, of course). We'll get back outside once the wind subsides, but I'm thinking I'm going to have to get creative with indoor activities this week so we don't go crazy! Kate has entertained herself this morning by reading "This Old House" magazine to Hickory. Aside from the cold, yesterday morning I had my sweetest "Kate moment" ever. I heard her babbling in her crib earlier in the morning than she usually wakes up. She'd been at it for awhile so I thought I should just go get her before she got upset. Once I was near her door, I could hear what she was saying. She was talking in her softest, nicest voice (doesn't happen much!) and saying "happy, happy, happy." She knows how to say "happy baby" because it's a yoga pose which is in her repertoire of a few she can do now. Anyway, it sounds more like "haaa-peee" when she says it. I just stood there and listened for awhile as she cooed away. Then, I went in to look at her and she was lying down, cuddling all her stuffed animals. She didn't even notice me, so I just left her there and she eventually went back to sleep. Whether or not she was actually meaning she was "happy," I choose to believe she was! How nice to think she loves her bed that much!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's oh so cold here as well...in the teens last night. Grandpa Bob has a cozy fire in the fireplace which makes us want to hibernate and bury ourselves under the down blankets. It seems as if Kate may have the same idea with her animals in her crib..so cute! Gram S.