Saturday, December 12, 2009

I KNEW she was smart!


We've always thought Kate was exceptionally smart for a baby (like all good parents think of their child!!), but now I've got some proof: her new favorite book is an Italian copy of Harry Potter. I have the Italian version because it is one of my life goals to be proficient in Italian, so perhaps Kate is trying to help me reach that goal. Whatever the reason, she does love it and carries the book around everywhere. She'll go find it if you ask her for "Harry." We're working on saying "Ciao!!" Now, we're just having a lazy Saturday morning while Ryan goes to get new tires on the truck. We had a great day yesterday at the Bainbridge Island children's museum. Kate liked it as much as she did last time, but what she liked best was a little Santa that was sitting outside a shop near the museum. It was only a bit taller than Kate, and she yelled "SANTA!" when she saw him. She was standing eye to eye with him, chanting "Santa, Santa" while everyone in the shop laughed. I found it funny because she loves saying "Santa" whenever she sees a picture of him, but she really has no idea who Santa is or what he does. I guess she'll be ready for next Christmas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Santa is in Bend and waiting for Kate! I found your little Mr. and Mrs. Santas and set them by the tree for her. They still move after all these years! I hope she will be as enchanted by them as you and Blake were.Now
I'm counting the days just like a kid at Christmas!
Grandma