Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The strangest thing that anyone has bought a child?



Yes, probably. Kate likes Hickory's collar so much that I got her a pink camo collar of her very own. I figured I was almost doing a good deed, as no dog should be subjected to wearing a collar covered in pink camouflage! Kate enjoys wearing it around so much it's almost like a fashion statement. Remember in the 90s when the hip hop/rap community started wearing pick combs sticking out of their hair and pulling one sweat pant leg up? I think Kate's expressing her unique sense of style in a similar way....how progressive of her, right? :) Oh well, at least it's some cheap entertainment. And speaking of cheap entertainment, yesterday Kate got some free entertainment watching a dump truck and a backhoe (I think??) work in the alley behind our house. Ah yes, just more evidence of how girly she is. Kevin came over to play with her and all she could keep saying to him was "tuck, tuck!!" He may be the boy in their friendship, but Kate was way more into the "tuck" than he was. She got mad when it got dark and they stopped working, and she immediately went to the window this morning to see if they were at it yet. When she discovered it was still dark, she looked at me like it was my fault, saying "TUCK!" I'm hoping they come back today. As it's supposed to be a very mild 50 degrees out today, I may just take her back their to get an up close look. I used to do that when I'd babysit David and John, but I never imagined I'd be doing it with my own little girl one day!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate, The camo dog collar looks fabulous! I think I could put together a fun outfit around a pink camo dog collar. It wouldn't be much of a stretch here in Siskiyou Co. It would be a hit! Love, Gram S.

Anonymous said...

Now why in the world would camo come in pink?? Grandma