Monday, December 14, 2009

Ba-cooo!




Kate loves "ba-coos" (vacuums) so much that I got her one of her very own from Pottery Barn Kids. It's the first toy we've gotten her that she really liked right away. She chants "ba-coo, ba-coo" as she pushes it around. It's quite fun because it has little beads that whir around inside and it even picks up stuff with the suction hose! Now, if only I could get her to do ALL the vacuuming, we'd really be onto something! We had a nice, relaxing weekend and got lots of chores done around the house (mostly Ryan, of course!) Ryan and I spend a lot of time just chuckling at all Kate's antics around the house, and we're really enjoying watching her learn to talk. She has a running conversation going all the time now, and we can actually understand some of it now. "Ba-coo" is definitely one of my favorite words right now; I also like "hotter" (heater) and that she says "sit, mama"!! As all mommies and daddies know, we hardly ever sit down, so I like that she's actually commanding me to do it now! What a joy to watch her learn new things everyday. We're now on the countdown to Christmas, and visits to Grandpa Mac's house and then to Grandma Connie and Grandpa Bill's. Can't wait!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It must be in the genes. Remember: "I want to be a doctor. I want to be a teacher. I want to be a drawer cleaner." She's starting at the bottom and working her way up! The countdown is going on here as well--I certainly could use a little helper to ba-coom.
Grandma