Thursday, December 10, 2009

Hair-raising temperatures!



So tired of this cold weather!


Practicing Christmas




Staying warm with daddy



It's been so cold and dry the past few days that Kate's hair is literally standing on end! The static is out of control; I'm afraid to touch anything!! But, on the plus side, it's been absolutely clear and sunny, so we can still bundle up and go outside a little. It will also be a bonus when it "warms" back up into the 40s and we feel like we're in the tropics. We've been keeping ourselves busy. Kate had Kindermusic and a play date with Kevin (who she now calls "buddy" when you say his name) on Tuesday. She really liked going to his house this time and playing with all his toys. He had a little play piano which she tried to surreptitiously steal. She just tucked it under her arm and made for the door when I said it was time to leave. Oh, my little klepto! Kevin's mom graciously offered it to her, but I think she probably needs to learn that not ALL toys go with her just because she wants them! Yesterday we played at home, mostly, and I rehearsed Christmas with her by using scraps of wrapping paper to wrap up some of her toys. She was clearly unimpressed. She went along with it, but just looked at me like "are you kidding me, mom?? I KNOW that's already mine!" So, so far, no interest in opening presents, but we'll see what the actual day holds (probably, she'll be interested in opening in gift that's not for her!) Today we have go to Wiggle Worms and tomorrow I'm taking Kate back to the Bainbridge Island kid's museum. We're keeping busy and waiting for the warming trend!!






No comments: