Saturday, October 17, 2009

Thanks, Grandma!





Kate is now the proud owner of her first horse! Proving that you can find ANYTHING at Costco, Kate now has a rocking horse that neighs and wags its tail. She's been exploring all its parts, and seems especially taken with the stirrups at the moment. She's been feeding the horse Cheerios and has given rides to all her animals and pictures of animals. She can't quite climb up on it yet, but I'm sure she'll be a buckin' bronco here soon. While Kate is pleased, Hickory remains quite unsure--I think she may think the horse is competition for Kate's food sharing!

We had a really nice day yesterday, starting with a run and doughnuts (fine tradition, I think!) We played at home and took Hickory out for a walk. It was just one of those nice family days that reminds me how lucky I am to have Ryan, Kate, Hickory, and (most of the time) Frank. To make the day even better, Ryan surprised me with a massage and that's where I'm headed now!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was my pleasure, Kate. You will be the cutest cowgirl ever...we need to find the perfect hat to complete the look. Love, Gram S. (I'm missing my Kate hugs big time!)