Saturday, October 31, 2009

Kate's Dig Pit









Ryan got inspired when we were at the Portland Children's Museum last weekend, so he built Kate her very own "dig pit!" He even found the same fake bark (rubbery tire-like pieces) to put in the bottom, which is perfect because it is soft but not messy. She absolutely loves it! I've never seen anything captivate her attention as long as the dig pit. All the locks and gadgets Ryan put up around it keep her really busy, as does picking the "bark" up piece by piece. I'm going to find her some shovels and rakes and trucks next week, so her pit will be fully equipped. Ryan already has plans in the works to expand the area so we can put her slide and some tunnels in it. I swear, Ryan has got to be one of the most talented people ever. I know he's my husband so I'm as biased about him as I am about Kate, but there is seriously nothing he can't do or build!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! That thing is hilarious! What a lucky little girl :-). xoxo Auntie Courtney

Anonymous said...

Kate's Daddy is very amazing...but I may be just a little biased. Nice job, son! Gram S.

Anonymous said...

What a freaking fabulous idea! Nice job Ryan!! I almost wish I had one of my own. - Wendie