Thursday, October 29, 2009

A little trouble brewing...






I can't think of a more apt description for Kate! Usually, she's got some sort of trouble brewing, especially if she's been quiet and out of my sight for more than a few minutes. This is why I was surprised to find her studiously playing with her blocks the other day. It occupied her quietly for at least a solid 15 minutes (which is a lifetime in "mom time," I think). Granted, she doesn't exactly know which blocks go where, but she's trying. I love to watch her learn, and I'm astounded by how much she picks up each day. I know I'm her mom, but I think she's quite smart (obviously, no bias involved here!) Kate was supposed to have her 15-month check-up today, but her doctor was occupied at the hospital, so it got postponed. I was hoping to just get it over with, since she has to get lots of shots, but I'm sure Kate doesn't mind putting it off!! We'll have to wait a few weeks for those horrible little jabs. On the positive side of things, Ryan came home last night! We don't have much planned for this weekend, but I'm looking forward to it since daddy's back!

No comments: