Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Umm, Sesame Street?

So, Sesame Street, I think you may have dropped the ball a bit when you made "Elmo's Safari" coloring book. Kate loves to color in this book, but Ryan and I were a little surprised when she announced "I want the naked Elmo" to us while she was coloring in it. We just sort of ignored her and told her that Elmo wears his safari clothes, but she kept firmly insisting that she wanted "NAKED Elmo." I took the book, thumbed through and, lo and behold, on a couple of the pages Elmo is not wearing his safari gear. To the eyes of an increasingly anatomically-minded toddler, this meant Elmo was indeed naked. Now, I do know that this "naked" state is just normal Elmo and that he IS covered in fur, but KATE doesn't know it and she is fascinated by this disrobed little creature. This is the same girl who gleefully announced "Daddy's naked!" to the swimming pool. (He was, of course, not naked, but he wasn't wearing a shirt). Her first made-up joke was also about anatomy, but I'll leave that one out here.....Anyway, thanks for feeding her naked obsession, Sesame Street. Guess I'll add this to the ever-increasing list of things we HOPE Kate doesn't announce in public!

No comments: