Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th!

Daddies do the best job of chasing and wrestling!

Kate can't get enough of twisty slides!
Seriously, you have to love this: nominate YOURSELF as Queen of something!
We've already been informed that Kate will be "on a bike" at next year's parade

Perfect day for a holiday and a parade
Happy 4th of July to everyone! Ours is winding down now (we won't be heading out to any firework shows since Kate and--ahem--I would never make it past 10 p.m....), but we've had a great day nonetheless. We started it out be heading to Bend's Pet Parade, which is not so much a classic "parade" as it is a chance for anyone and everyone who every WANTED to be in a parade to do so. There were a lot of pets, but there were also just loads of people fulfilling their parade fantasy. I've never seen so much candy flying through the air--kids were just chucking handfuls! There were lots of decorated bikes, which Kate has decided will be her role next year. My very favorite parts were one boy of about 5 who was riding his bike with this look that just said, "get out of my way, I don't care if this is a parade, I am GOING TO WIN this thing." Somehow, I think this could have been Ryan and just might be Kate next year.... I also loved the little girls who were dressed up as princesses and queens, riding in little kid cars, waving as if they were just made Miss America. Talk about great way to fulfill a fantasy! I think the whole town was out for this parade, half watching and half in it! Watch this spot for us next year!! After the parade, we went for a picnic, played in the park and got ice cream. Pretty nice day, I'd say!





No comments: