Thursday, July 1, 2010

Random musings on a Thursday morning....


I'm enjoying the quiet before Kate wakes up, with nothing particular on my mind, so here's some of the randomness.....Grandma Starla and Gumpa Bob come tomorrow! Kate is really excited and keeps asking "when do I see Gamma Starla and Gumpa Bobby?" She's also pumped for the Pet Parade on 4th of July. Actually, she's not so much excited about this particular parade, persay, she's just happy there's another parade to go to. She asks nearly everyday if she can go to the "Sis Parade" (Sisters Parade) again to see the horses and the Bobcat. Hopefully, this one isn't a let-down since there's no heavy machinery (on that note, her FAVORITE book right now is "I am a Backhoe"). What else? Well, I'm thinking how much I LOVE, love having a CSA every week filled with fantastic veggies and fruits. If you've ever thought about taking part, DO IT. We've been getting a box every Wednesday from Groundworks Organics and it is one of the best things we've done for our tastebuds and eating habits. Just last night, our dinner was roasted fingerling potatoes, beets and turnips (all from the box), eggs scrambled with zucchinni, kale & cherry tomatoes (all from the box except for the eggs from a different farm) and strawberries (from the box). Yum, and what a great variety of nutrients. Plus, we didn't have to go to the grocery store for any of it! And, last but not least, although I do love the quiet time to myself before Kate-the-whirwind awakes, I woke up thinking how much I love her sweet voice. I mean, I could just eat it up. It's so fun now that she speaks in pretty clear, complete sentences and we can have actual conversations. She loves to draw right now and we spend a lot of time at the kitchen table, drawing and talking. It's amazing what thoughts she has that she can now verbalize. She thinks about so, so much and it's so interesting to hear what goes on in her head. I love how she's starting to make her own jokes, or at least knows when she's saying something that's not reality. She'll say things like, "I want a pink bagel." And I'll say, "Do you think there are pink bagels?" And she'll say, with a devilish grin, "Maybe there are! And maybe they make pink horses, too." And then she'll laugh and laugh. I know, it doesn't sound that funny but, for some reason, it just is. Probably because she muses on everything with such joy. Oh, I could go on and on, but I'll let the rest of my morning thoughts remain thoughts. I wish everyone such a relaxing morning!

No comments: