Saturday, July 24, 2010

Oh, the guilt of a mommy....

So, I've been trying hard to follow the "Love & Logic" principles when it comes to Kate's terrible two behavior, and we've had a few bedroom time episodes where she was told she could come out when she could be a nice, sweet girl again. Well, today I went out into the garage to put something in her stroller and I closed the door between the garage and the house. I wasn't quite ready for her to get in yet, but about 2 seconds after I went out I heard a sweet little voice calling "I'm ready to be a nice girl." Oh, like a dagger to my heart. I just felt so bad, like she thought she was being naughty. Sometimes you just can't win, especially when the mommy-guilt kicks in!! Luckily, she HAS been quite a sweet girl today and didn't even protest when I told her it was time to leave the swimming pool (a lot of progress from the usual flailing screamfest). We're having a great time with Uncle Jay and Aunt Cyndi, and are very appreciative of Grandma Connie who watched Kate last night while we went out to dinner and will watch her again tonight so we can go watch a stage in the Cascade Cycling Classic. It's the first time since Ryan and I went on vacation last September that I've gone two nights without putting her to bed....I must admit, it's kind of fun to be out and about!! Watch out for the mommy on the loose in Bend tonight (albeit a pregnant mommy who tires about 8 pm, but still.....)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved every minute of it! Kate was totally absorbed in legos the whole time. Bedtime takes longer than it used to with the "Just one more book" routine, but that was fun too.
Grandma Connie