Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Kate's nocturnal activities

Kate's been in her "big girl" bed for over a month now, and it's really gone much better than I expected. She's never tried to get out of her bedroom and has stuck to her 7 pm to 7 am schedule. At least we THOUGHT she was sleeping that entire time. Recently, I've noticed that she must be getting up because books are scattered about when I go in there in the morning. Not so bad, though, because she puts herself back to bed. But last night I checked on her before I went to bed and found her sleeping in the rocking chair, surrounded by pillows! It must have been quite an effort to drag pillows up there and then to wedge herself behind them. I moved her back to bed and she didn't make a peep, so all's well that end's well. Except....we've noticed that she is way more tired during the day, yet still doesn't nap. And she's been so much more difficult in the behavior arena lately. I was chalking it up to turning two soon, but could it be that she's just entertaining herself during the night? Perhaps. Oh well, she STAYS in her room and that's what counts. Right?? Right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer did the same thing, but at nap time, not nighttime, wandering around the room and looking at books, ckng under the carpet, etc. She didn't know I could see her thru a tiny slice of window, so when I went in and said,"you might as well come out, because you sure are not sleeping"...she looked at me increduously and asked "Can all moms see through walls?" Of course I said "yes." Maryl