Monday, March 22, 2010

Little house on the High Desert















Kate just needed a bonnet and a flowy dress and she could have been Laura Ingalls Wilder running around her little house on the prairie. Seriously, Kate was outside 90% of the time we were in Bend and I still don't think she got enough. The weather cooperated with her desire to play outdoors, so we pretty much let her loose to run. By our last day there, she was even covering herself in dirt and gleefully shouting "make a mess!" I don't know if she'll ever like getting her hands dirty, but she seems to have adjusted to the rest of her being covered in dirt. My mom rightfully pointed out that Kate might need a wardrobe just for Dusty Loop (this is a great excuse for her to do yet more shopping for our little fashion plate!) When she wasn't outside, Kate did a lot of "cooking" with my mom and was very helpful when my mom and Bill were playing cards. Or, rather, she was helpful to Bill because she happily announced "I see a five" when she saw my mom's cards. Just wait until she knows ALL her numbers!! We got back yesterday afternoon, and Kate was SO excited to see daddy. Since she has decided that she no longer sleeps in the car, even on 5 hour drives, she was so exhausted that by about 5 pm she was stumbling around like she'd been drinking heavily. We managed to hold her off until 6:30 when she fell soundly asleep as I read her a story. I suppose exhaustion is a sign of a great trip!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How we miss our little farm girl. I'm constantly reminded of her, though, as I step on little lego parts everywhere I go! Can't wait to "do chores" with her again! Ga-Ga