Sunday, March 20, 2011

March Madness!





Around our house, St. Patrick's Day is less about all things green and more about the beginning of the NCAA college basketball tournament. It's becoming a tradition for Ryan to have a few good friends come stay for the first weekend of the tournament so, this year, Kate, Will & I de-camped to Grandma Connie and Grandpa Bill's house while Josh, Sean and Tom came to stay at our house. It was a great, great weekend all around (thanks Grandma & Grandpa for letting us basically destroy your shiny, newly remodeled house!) Kate, Will and I had fun on our mini-vacation, and also had a great time visiting with Josh, Sean and Tom. We came back early Saturday and Josh & Sean stayed around until the evening, so Kate had ample time to introduce them to her tool bench and to use the as gymnastics equipment. I'm fairly certain she's developed two new crushes (add that to her doctor...she LOVES him and refers to him as her "other gumpa"). And, of course, we cannot forget the most important part of March Madness: the annual family basketball pool. Way to go, Grandma Starla for leading the pack this first weekend!!! And now I must go--Kate has just entered the room announcing, "mommy, I need more money." Don't we all. We'll certainly all be lighter in the wallet if Grandma Star keeps her streak up!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I really want to win the pool, but I will be absolutely delighted to send my $$ to Starla! Connie

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a fun weekend...it's always good to get together with old friends. The pool has been great fun even though I'm clueless. The best part is hearing Ryan whine. Just remember son, being in LAST place is character building! Much love, Mommy