Monday, June 28, 2010

Yuck, yuck and YUCK


What a weekend!! On Friday, Kate woke up with her very first sickness. I know we're lucky that she's almost two and never been sick but, my, what a weekend it turned out to be. Kate had the stomach flu and got sick a few times. Kids are great, though, because immediately after she was sick, she'd play as if nothing were wrong. It seemed all cleared up by noon, but she was still pretty lethargic (for her). She'd actually take breaks on the floor or the couch for at least a minute or so. Those of us who know her well know that she never lays still for more than 2 seconds, so this did indicate she wasn't feeling perfect. I put off my trip to the coast to spread my grandma's ashes, and decided to wait to leave until Saturday morning if she was still better. She was fine, so I left early on Saturday. On a side note, my mom, uncle, aunt, brother and I had a wonderful day reminiscing about my grandma. Little did I know what was to come. By Saturday night, I talked to Ryan and HE was feeling ill. It really hit in the evening, so I made plans to come home earlier on Sunday, knowing from when I had pregnancy nausea that it is NO fun taking care of an active toddler when you're sick. But then.....in the middle of the night on Saturday, I got it!!! Yuck! It was very much not fun driving home from the coast while feeling as thought I needed to pull over every 10 minutes, but I really wanted to get home. Yesterday, Ryan and I were literally useless and could do nothing. Usually, I can rally when I don't feel well, but this was totally different. I can't even remember the last time I had the stomach flu (maybe high school??) and I was completely shocked that I could barely even move. Thankfully and to her credit, Kate was awesome all day and played by herself really well while we just sat and watched her. So, now it's Monday, and Ryan is pretty much well and I'm getting there. I went to bed at 7 pm last night so I know I'm rested! I think the baby is wondering why I am not eating anything, and is NOT happy about it (if that's what all the violent kicking and lodging him/herself under my ribs indicates). We're all on the mend, though, so that's good. I just hope it's a good, long time until Kate gets her second sickness and that we don't catch it. Nasty bug! I will post some photos that I got from the day with my family tomorrow because I am TRULY thankful that it was such a nice day and did my grandma justice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brynny, you were a trooper. That was one quick and dirty germ. Glad you are all on the mend.
Grandma Connie

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was a weird bug. Glad you are feeling better. I got a small head cold from all the airports but nothing like you guys went through. Hope to see you soon. Love, Dad