Thursday, June 17, 2010

My first attempt...


...at cutting Kate's hair! I did try once before, many months ago, but I couldn't even get close to her with the scissors. This time went much better. It's relatively even, and no blood was shed, so I think it was pretty much a success. I had a good run of taking her to the great kid's haircut place near my dad's house, but I'm not sure when our next trip to Portland will be and she was getting downright shaggy. There's only one kid's place in Bend, but I just couldn't bring myself to go there since it advertises "spa parties" for kids and offers highlights!! Highlights? For a child?? What is this world coming to? Sorry, Kate, you're not getting any sort of streaks until you're well past 10. The haircuts there were $16.50, so I figured I dutifully saved us that much...well, at least until I spend it on something else..... :)

3 comments:

Life According to Kate said...

It looks great from all angles. I was the WORST at cutting hair, so you must have learned the technique on your own. Is Ryan next??
Grandma C.

Anonymous said...

Bryn, you can add hairdresser to your many talents..Kate's new do looks darling. Have your scissors ready...I might need a trim when we come to visit! Love, Gram S.

Anonymous said...

I love reading about Kate. I hope to see her (minus the pitching of magnetic letters). Jennifer has sent all of us gifts from Ecudor. I hope to deliver them post haste.

Maryl