Friday, June 18, 2010

9-13-2010


Family and friends, mark your calendars!! September 13, 2010 is the day that Baby #2 will arrive! It's scheduled and I'm not at all disappointed about missing out on the mystery surrounding when the baby will arrive. I'll settle for no labor and keeping the mystery surrounding whether this baby is a boy or a girl. I have no inkling, but everyone seems to think it's a boy. Although, a lot of people said the same thing about Kate, so I'm not putting TOO much stock in it!! We'll be thrilled either way. And, cousin Cindy, start channeling your energy toward the 13th so we can have babies with the same birth day!! Well, that's the happy and exciting news around here. Unfortunately, there is sad news as well. My grandpa on my dad's side passed away yesterday. He took a sudden turn for the worse, and passed quickly. Fortunately, though, my dad was able to get to North Carolina in time and he and my Uncle David were there holding their dad's hand as he passed on. He did not have to suffer through a lot of pain, for which we can all be thankful. He had such an interesting life, and many stories to tell from his 91 years. I imagine he's happy to be reunited with my grandma Marilyn, who was the love of his life and his wife for over 65 years. It has been a tough few weeks where my grandparents are concerned, but I suppose as I get older, the passing of their generation is something that I knew was coming. It really is heartening to me to know that Kate got to meet all of her great-grandparents and that new life is soon coming into this world. I know that all the great-grandparents will be somewhere watching.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brynny, your grandpa was a grand gentleman, and he will be missed by so many people. His smile lit up the room. I do hope Kate has a little of his smart and generous spirit.
Grandma Connie

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your grandpa, Bryn. I'm glad you had some joy today to take your mind off of it. I can't wait to meet your new little boy or girl! Love you, Auntie Courtney

Anonymous said...

Bryn, Bob and I are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. We know that you have wonderful memories of your Grandpa and that he will be greatly missed. Cherish those memories. Love, Bob & Star