Tuesday, January 5, 2010

"Pees?"




I learn more everyday about just how sly kids are! We've been working really hard to teach Kate about saying "Please" when she wants something, and it has finally taken! There is not much sweeter than seeing her say "pees" as she rubs her chest (the sign for please). But, of course, she quickly figured out that, since we like it when she says please and it gets her what she wants, she should say it about everything--especially things she knows she's not supposed to have! It's a little hard to explain to her that saying "please" doesn't mean she gets everything she wants, mostly because she looks so cute saying it. I've encountered the same issue with the concept of helping. She loves to help do things, but has taken to saying "helping?" whenever she wants to do anything, as if she's trying to convince me that I should let her do it in the name of being helpful. Again, hard to say no, but I'm trying to remain strong!! Ah, what else? Kate is getting really good at her shapes and colors, and this morning we were talking about animal sounds as well. She's not taking to these as quickly. If you ask her what a cow says, she replies "mulk" (milk). At least my dairy-loving daughter knows where her milk comes from! As for today's agenda? Well, the recycling truck went by just a minute ago so Kate is still basking in the joy of seeing a "tuck". I think we'll succumb to the foggy dampness today and make our first voyage (of many, I'm sure) to the gymnastics room at the Y. For now I best sign off as Kate is laughing gleefully as she shouts "bumping" (jumping). Since she's on the bed at the moment, I'd better go catch my little "bumper"!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is it possible that one child can be so adorable, talented, smart and perfect in every way? No bias from this Grandma! Gram S.

Anonymous said...

Just look at her parents! The Other Biased Grandma

Anonymous said...

She's starting to get the idea of playing with one finger (or one foot sometimes). I'd say she's making progress. Gumpah