Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Splish splash!




Kate and Will still like to bathe together, but it's gotten a lot rowdier! They end up getting more water outside the tub than in it, but they do have fun. Grandma Connie got a big taste of this bath time routine last weekend when she watched both kids for two days AND A NIGHT. Yes, that deserves capitalization because it was my first night away from both kids. We've been away from Kate, but that seems long ago since it's been over a year since Ryan and I got to spend a night away. We went to Umatilla, of all places, to do a half marathon. The race was fine (not our best times, but good enough that I got 3rd woman overall and Ryan placed first in his age group), but the best part was that we got to have uninterrupted conversation!! I'd forgotten what it was like to have a leisurely dinner without needing to cut someone's food and hear "mommy, I need more milk," "mommy, I need....." Sure, we miss the kids, but nights away are vital for continued sanity! Thank you, mom! We'll let you do it again once you recover......:) For now I will leave you with Kate's weirdest/funniest comment of the day: (while brushing my hair) "mommy, we've just got to get these tangles out before daddy comes home because he sure doesn't want to come home to a messy wife." Who's been giving her lessons for the 1950s??? Sorry, Ryan, you get a "messy wife" quite frequently!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm recovered--it took an 11 1/2 hour night's sleep! Let's get our calendars out. xo, Mom