Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The wonders of a blanket

I walked into Kate's room this morning and found her with a blanket around her neck. She said, "Look, mommy, I have a scarf." Then followed my favorite morning monologue yet: "Mommy, a blanket can be SO MANY THINGS. It can be a scraf or a shower hat or a pirate hat. Or it can be a picnic place or a dinner party place. What a celebration!!" I have no idea where she gets this stuff, but I'm pretty sure "dinner party" and "celebration" must have come from a TV show as I know I don't talk about dinner parties very often!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved the dinner party she had yesterday with all her stuffed animals & assorted cars placed around the blanket. She served them pretend strawberry pancakes and then sat in the middle of the 'table.' A hostess in the making!
Grandma Connie