Sunday, January 23, 2011

Three kids is a lot more than two

Kate wearing hand-me-down pjs that I told her might fit her when she's four. To this she replied, "okay, mommy, I think I'll be four now." Can't argue with that toddler logic!
Yesterday our friends Heidi and Ryan were moving to a new house so we watched their daughter Addie for the day. She's the same age as Kate and was a complete angel all day but, man, I did learn that three kids is somehow waaaaay more than two. It just seems like a lot more people, for some reason. Plus, it's a lot harder to get places because two fit in a stroller better than three, two fit in a car better than three, etc., etc. It was a fun day, though, and it was super fun getting to see Addie and Kate start to understand how to play with eachother rather than just along side eachother. They got along almost all day. The only hiccup came at the library when we were doing the United States puzzle. Kate claimed that she lived in Oregon, then Addie claimed "NO, Addie lives in Oregon." This went back and forth for awhile while I tried to explain that we all lived in Oregon--to no avail. Hey, that's what I get for trying to reason with two two-year-olds!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you mean to tell me that the "car" pj's are now history?? Or did they just turn to dust from constant use? Grandma Connie