Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sunshine, glorious sunshine!





Is there anything better during the doldrums of January than a week of warmer-than-average weather with--wait for it--actual SUNSHINE?! Not my much by my estimation. Don't get me wrong, we think the snow is fun, but we've also been enjoying the mid-50s we've been having the past few days. Yesterday we played outside for a couple hours, by far the longest since last summer. Kate's also gained some new outside abilities in the last few indoor months: she can walk all the way to the mailbox (a ways from our house) by herself, she can pedal her tricycle and she likes to play pretend outside as much as inside. Yesterday, she wanted to hunt for dinosaur bones....grandma Connie, did you teach her this? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just can't wait until I can take her to dig for REAL dino bones! The little stick she found did actually look a bit like a skeleton. The big find today was -- hold on -- deer poop! Kate's comment was, "Now that's a BIG dirty diaper." I hope we can go back to looking for bones...
Grandma Connie