Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sitting up!









Okay, no, not exactly. But he really wants to and he tries so hard. To help him along, we dug out the Bumbo chair yesterday. When I got one for Kate, lots of people told me it was THE BEST thing so, naturally, I thought she would love it. Not so much. The second time around I'm much wiser about baby stuff and realize that every baby likes different things, and not for any logical reason. They just like it or they don't. But you never know until you try, right? This is a long-winded way of saying that I purchased a lot of things that I didn't use that much. Oh well. Will, though, seems to like the Bumbo so we may get some good use out of it after all! Last night we all had dinner together, Will on the table in the Bumbo (I'm sure the directions say not to do this but, really, who can just use it on the floor? Babies like to SEE what's going on!) I'm really hoping he can sit up on his own fairly soon. I'm ready for it whether he is or not! In other family news, we are FINALLY getting over the marathon cold and cough bug that has plagued us for near a month. Ugh. Kate had it bad, but she is finally coming out of it. It didn't really phase her at all, but the hacking cough really got to me! It's so hard to listen to them cough when there's nothing you can do. I can't wait for it to be totally out of her system. Her little school starts up again today and she's well enough to go, so we'll finally get to play outside the house!!! Freedom!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another milestone for Will. He looks so content sitting in his chair like his big sis. P.S. Mom's deserve a metal for enduring these long, cold days at home with two little ones. Hang in there, Bryn, Spring will arrive one of these days! Gram S.

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I've got the cold now. Sore throat, etc. with a cough coming on. Been a long time since I had a real cold. Gumpa Mac

Anonymous said...

I just realized Will's eyes are really far apart. I'm pretty sure that is an indication of superior intelligence...yes, that's it.
Grandma Connie

Cindy Anna said...

Colton just joined us for dinner the other night in the high chair!...so much fun! We got that cough thing too and Colton's cough is not as mucousy...finally!

Anonymous said...

Bryn, you do deserve a medal not a metal for spending these cold days indoors! I think my spelling was affected by the fog....or maybe just old age or brain fog!! Gram S.