Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sweet




In the book "Eat, Pray, Love" there's a part about how every person and place has a word that fits his/her/its character just perfectly. For Will, I'd have to say this word is "sweet." He is just a sweet, cuddly little guy. He's starting to smile and coo and really watch everything we're doing. As any parent knows, the start of smiling is the huge payoff for the exhausting first few weeks. When I look at Will, "his" word just shouts itself out. It's funny because I never thought about Kate's word when she was an infant but, thinking back, it definitely wouldn't be sweet. This isn't a judgment against her; it's just not who she was or is. I'm not sure what word fits her to a tee but I'm thinking passionate or precocious fits the bill. I know it's just a book, but I have to say I think I believe the whole concept because Kate was "passionate" in the womb (the midwives called her authoritative before she even came out!), she came out full of fire and she hasn't quit yet. Will, on the other hand, was much more mellow in the womb, came out content and is still easygoing. People keep telling me their personalities can change but, personally, I think we've got two kids with completely different personalities. What fun to watch them grow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you have sugar and spice. And they're both wonderful!
Grandma Connie

The Shatraw Family said...

He looks sweet! The footie PJ's are melting my heart! Sweet Will...

Cindy Anna said...

I agree completely! Colton is very mellow, while Caitlin is all over the place!