Friday, October 8, 2010

Figuring this two-kid thing out

Kate helps with tummy time!


Four weeks and....



.....10 pounds!


We've now had Will four whole weeks! It's sort of been a crazy time warp of sorts because it seems like we've had him forever, but it also seems like I was just in the hospital with him yesterday. My what a four weeks it's been. Probably the busiest and most eye-opening we've had! Everyone warned us that we were really in for it for the next couple years having a newborn and a two-year-old. I agree, it is challenging, but it has gone better than I thought it might. Will is a pretty easy-going little guy. He and Kate are SO different! He only cries when he needs something (or needs something fixed) and then he's back to calm. He seems like he'll go with the flow which is, I suppose, how second kids have to be. The only issue we've run into with him so far was a tummy problem, but we've pretty much figured out that he isn't digesting cow's milk well. So, no cheese or ice cream for me for awhile! Uncle Jay, I might need some good dairy-free product tips from you! Despite that little hiccup, he's growing so fast. He was weighed yesterday and is just over 10 pounds, which means he's gained a little over 2 pounds since he came home from the hospital. I think, overall, there is just this sense of contentment now that Will completes our family. Now that he's here I can't imagine not having him. I really find that I like having two kids better than just one and that I feel more of a sense of purpose. Marriage and two kids is definitely not for everyone but, for me, it feels just perfect. Speaking of the kids, it's time to get the older one up for the day. We made it through our first night alone last night since Ryan was out of town and it (knock on wood) went very smoothly. Today will be a great day because we're headed to a pumpkin patch that has hay rides and PONY RIDES. As we basically stalk pony rides, you know where Kate will be all day today!! :)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a perfect family...we are so blessed! Gram S.