Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Back to it!




Have I already been back from Madison for a week??  How did that happen?  I'm not sure, but one thing I'm sure about is that I had the BEST, best time visiting Courtney and seeing Madison (although not by foot, since the marathon was canceled.)  Yes, I did say canceled.  While it was raining in Oregon, it was hot, hot in Wisconsin.  So hot that they deemed it necessary to cancel the full marathon.  I did the half instead.  While I was bummed not to run my first marathon since being pregnant with Will, I loved that I got more time with Courtney and I especially loved that about a minute after we learned the marathon was canceled, Courtney asked, "so, do you want to go on a cocktail walking tour of Madison?"  You can do a lot more fun stuff when you don't have to worry about completing 26.2 miles!  The whole trip was the perfect time away.  I haven't gotten to spend so much time with Courtney in FOREVER and it was nice to know that (of course) the kids were fine without me.  So fine that when I returned and asked Kate if she missed me, she just said, "nope."  And, really, why would she when she had Ryan and Grandma Connie, and then a trip to Yreka?  As the photo above shows, they spent the majority of time in Yreka riding around on Grandpa Bobby's tractor.  Will kept telling me about it by saying, "Tractor.  I ride it."  So it's nice to be back with my family, but it was incredibly great to have some independent sister time!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should make this an annual event!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Kate & Will are at a fun age...they are such
pals! Grandpa Bobby was the biggest kid of all....the tractor was a hit! Ryan is an awesome Dad...he can change diapers with the best of them!Gram S