Friday, June 15, 2012

Time for summer!

As usual, the last week has flown by in a flurry of business in which I somehow never sat down for the 5 minutes it takes to write here--I still can't accept the infrequency with which I write, but I suppose I should because I don't know when I'll fit it in more.  Anyhow.  The past week was filled with some fun, including Kate's last day of her first year of school (very sweet and sort of sad) and many rides with the kids in the bike trailer (mainly because this is Will's new obsession, so much so that he often throws tantrums when we get home and he has to get out.  Once I gave up and let him stay outside and he stayed in for a full 30 minutes, on his own, not moving.  Not sure what point he was proving, but it was scarily Kate-esque in its stuborness), and a lot of watching of the baby fawns living in the lot across the street (Will exclaims "so cute!" each time he sees them.  Although he also said the same thing last night when he saw an ant.)   The week was also filled with some not-so-fine moments, including my grossest parenting moment ever (don't ask--yes, it was THAT BAD) and a trip with Hickory to the emergency vet hospital (fortunately, a large vet bill later, she is back with us and doing as well as she can for a 12-year-old lab).  I'm sure there was a lot of other stuff that happened in between the above, but it's a bit of a blur.  There were a lot of Will tantrums which are time-consuming in and of themselves.  He's really feeling his way into his terrible twos, but that's a post in itself.  Now it's Friday morning and Will is occupied with Dora (I think I do love her just a little bit for her ability to entertain Will) and everyone else is asleep.....ahhhh, quiet!  We're on our way to Portland today to visit Grandpa Mac and for Ryan and I to run the Vancouver Marathon.  We've held up a trip to the zoo as a fun event if the kids don't fight in the car...we'll see!  I'll try to actually take pictures since our slowly dying camera is working thanks to the new (and more expensive) batteries we bought yesterday.  Again, we'll see!

No comments: