Saturday, June 30, 2012

Great weekends: 2 Computer:0

So......yes, it has been another very long time since my last post.  I continually think, poor Will, there is so much record of what your sister did during her first couple years and then there's you, suffering the same plight as most second children, where there's not much record at all.  I recently found both kids' "First 1000 Days" books in which I faithfully recorded Kate's doings month by month.  And Will's I lost by month 15.  Not sure what I'll write in there but a good 6 months or so of "sorry, Will, we really did some neat stuff during your early years, I swear."  Oh well, I doubt he'll even care about such things some day.  Anyway.  This is all to say that we have had a really great past two weekends but, sandwiched in between them was the complete crashing of our desktop computer.  It was unfixable but THANKFULLY the hard drive was intact (thus saving all the photos we have never backed up and saving my behind as all Kate's preschool's financial information was on it).  We had to have the computer fixers transfer all of the data to our laptop, which we now have back so--tada--we're back in business.  Minus my posting of any photos until I figure out how to get more on here.  But, back to our really great weekends.  First, we went to Portland to spend the weekend with Grandpa Mac and "Aunt" Louise.  It did finally dawn on Kate that she can't really be an aunt because that would make Grandpa Uncle Mac, but she still calls her that and Will follows suit with "Aunt L-eeze."  We went to the zoo, which was a huge hit, especially with Will.  He kept saying, "OH WOW!" and was exuberant enough that a guy taking pictures of the elephants remarked, "Now, that's the reaction you pay for!"  We mostly had fun just hanging out at Grandpa's house, while the kids dismantled/destroyed/rearranged all his stuff.  Luckily, he's a good sport!  Ryan and I ran the Vancouver marathon while there and Ryan did well.  I, on the other hand, experienced my first DNF.  Not so good, but a story that I (might) laugh at one day.  Our second weekend o' fun was last weekend when we had a Singleton family reunion of sorts at Black Butte.  The weather was H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E but it was still so much fun to see everyone and show them our neck of the woods.  Kate followed Ryan's female cousins around like a puppy, but they were also very good sports!  And, now, we're on to our third fun weekend because tomorrow Ryan and I are off to watch the Olympic Track and Field trials thanks to some FREE front row seats and Grandma Connie's willingness to watch the kids for the day!  My boss at the Athletic Club is Ashton Eaton's coach from high school so he had tickets for the full two weeks--perfect since he got to see Ashton set the world record in the decathlon!!  He has two extras for tomorrow, though, so Ryan and I get to go see the final trial day.  We've heard there they've set up a London-style pub outside the venue to get people in the Olympic mood so you can bet that Ryan and I will visit that--especially because we have to send a BIG, HUGE cheers to our fantastic English friends Kate and Jim who had their first baby girl on Thursday!!  On that note, I will sign off---and try to record more about my second child from now on.  Maybe. 

No comments: