Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Ready, set, FIRST trip on my own! Now, go!


It's been a great week around here and the fun is continuing, for me, because I am leaving tomorrow, on my first trip alone since I had the kids, to visit the fantastic, beautiful, best sister & aunt ever, Courtney!!  And the kids will be having an equally marvelous time because they'll get to spend the days Ryan's working being spoiled by Grandma Connie and then they'll spend the long weekend in Yreka with Ryan, Grandma Star and Grandpa Bob.  But, not to get ahead of myself, last weekend was great, too, because it was Pole Pedal Paddle weekend.  This year we rocked another family team and went 7 minutes faster than last year, placing 5th in our division (out of 65 teams).  Go us!  :)  It is such a fun event and we look forward to it all year, especially because it means family comes to visit.  It also seems to signify the beginning of summer (even if the weather doesn't always agree).  If our result and the fun we had is any indication, we should be having a wonderful summer!  Now, off to pack--I will miss Ryan, Kate & Will a lot but I must say I am SOOOOO excited to visit Courtney.  See you in a week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll all miss you! Say hello to Ms. Court and have a great marathon.
xo, Mom & Bill

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your PPP result. It looks like you've discovered the weak link in last year's team!
Grandpa Mac