Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Preschool teachers know it all...

...about all sorts of things that you probably wish they didn't.  True or not, they hear tale after tale from three-year-old mouths and Kate is definitely not an exception to this.  In fact, she is probably the biggest teller of tales and random (or inapproiate) information in her class this year.  My mom told me that my preschool teacher told her, "oh, I hear about EVERYTHING" and this is definitely not something that changes with time.  So, Kate, has had her teacher in stitches quite a few times this year.  It started with Kate saying she was most thankful for Metallica (this is probably the truth!) and progressed to Kate singing "Deck the Halls with Santa's Balls" (yes, this did happen) and went on to Kate giving an (apparently quite entertaining) explanation of the male/female anatomy to her peers.  Luckily, Kate's teacher is my friend and has a great sense of humor, so she's relayed to me countless things Kate has announced and/or demonstrated.  To this point, though, she hasn't ever mentioned much random stuff about me or about Ryan.  Until Tuesday.  She brought a picture of Ryan and I in her backpack (not sure how it got there, but there's always a lot of stuff of unknown origin in there anyway).  It's a picture she found awhile ago and asked if it was me and Uncle Jay.  I told her, "no, that's daddy" and she just said, "oh, okay, it looks like Uncle Jay."  Silly me for thinking that was all she'd have to say about that.  So, she showed it to her teacher and said, "this is mommy and my Uncle Jay from when they were married."  Obviously, her teacher knew that it was Ryan but she said Kate kept insisting that I was married to Uncle Jay and then to daddy.  She said she was pretty sure Kate was making it up, but she was convincing enough to think I really was making the rounds of the Singleton family!  I can only imagine what other rumors about us (all of us, so beware family and friends!) Kate will start as the years progress.....this is a small town, we could have quite the reputation! :)

No comments: