Friday, November 4, 2011

Trick or treat!

Yes, Halloween was Monday and it's now Friday so they're late, but here are some Halloween pics. Kate woke up on the morning of Halloween and informed me she was going to be "a bumblebee." She's mentioned many costumes, but that's the first I'd heard of bumblebee. Since we had neither an actual bumblebee costume nor any items of yellow clothing that could be turned into a bumblebee costume, I managed to talk her down to being a ladybug (only by promising she could be a bumblebee next year...or "tomorrow" as she put it). We had fun at the parade, but it's a distant memory now as we've had a busy week: THREE Hickory escapes from the backyard, a malfunctioning garage door that would either lock you in or out of the garage and, oh yes, Will's minor surgery (just a delayed circumcision which was suggested when he was born). But, it's finally Friday and with Hickory's escape route sealed, the garage door fixed and Will well on his way to being his usual self, it looks like we've made it!


It's Ladybug Girl!

Kate's own version of costume which she "made" while I was in the shower: my shoes, my belt, a tiara and wings. She claimed to be "a butterfly, but not one that flies because I have feet."



Ladybug fingernails













SUGAR!





















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What darling little goblins! I couldn't wait for Jay & Ry to finish off the Halloween candy stash. There was some serious trading that was involved in the process as well as a major sugar high!
Love, Gram S.