Wednesday, November 16, 2011

To blog or not to blog...

Will thinks he's ready for school....






...anything to be like his big sis!


So, I completely love this blog because it's such a great recording for me of all the things I know I'll forget as Kate and Will grow, but I'm just not finding the time to do it lately. Starting to teach spin again, being out at Kate's school a lot coupled with Will & Kate being obsessed with using the computer themselves while I'm trying to type has just seemed to make keeping up with their activities tough. And then I feel guilty because I so want to keep up to date with all their doings, but then I feel like I spend time worrying about recording their events instead of just enjoying the events themselves. ANYWAY, this is all to say that I'm setting a once a week goal for myself...I'd love to do it more, but I'm going to shoot for that for now. I hope I get back to writing more, but I'm not sure life is going to get any less busy from here on out! With that said, here are a few "highlights" from the past few days.....As usual, the highlights around here are all about the things Kate says. Honestly, she cracks us up just about every minute of the day, especially now that she is going to preschool and has a whole new realm of things to talk about. A few days ago she had one of her best-ever remarks (although this will mortify here someday...) I was gone and, when I got home, Ryan said that Kate had said about the funniest thing he'd ever heard (warning: this is bathroom humor, as it so often is with a toddler): "Daddy, I have to go poo. And you'd better hurry because this volcano is about to erupt." She apparently said it so dead-pan that Ryan could have sworn she was trying to be a comedian. She has had an obsession with volcanoes lately after seeing one in a "Little Einsteins" episode, but we had no idea she could use the imagery so effectively!! Will is also starting to "talk" all the time--he has a lot to say and says it very adamently, but we're just not sure exactly what he's saying yet. He did say his first two-word phrase yesterday: "Car vroom" (which, really, sounded more like "Caaa broom," but I know what he meant.) As if we didn't have enough evidence already that he's a boy through and through, his main words now are: car, ball and dog. All the important bases to cover if you're a little boy, I guess. I can't wait for him to entertain us with his talking just like his sister!

No comments: