Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The art of negotiation

Last time they visited the grocery store together, Kate convinced Ryan to buy some jelly beans. He had originally said no and, after giving in, claims that Kate proudly told him "you weren't supposed to buy those, but I got you to do it!" Yes, that's our little manipulator--geez, she's good at it. ANYWAY, at home a few days later, she kept asking me for some and, after giving in as well, I told her she could have 3 if she finished picking up the disaster that was our living room. She said, "how about 5?" I said, "how about 4?" and that's where we settled. She proceeded to clean SOME of the living room before telling me, "okay, I'm ready for my jelly beans." I informed her that she hadn't finished the job, to which she replied, "Oh, I know, I'll just have 3 jelly beans after all because that's all I want to clean." She was dead serious and, really, that's a tough one to beat! Never a dull moment around here with these two!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She knows what an easy mark I am, because yesterday when I said she could have 2 jelly beans after dinner, she immediately replied, "How about 100?" To my credit, though, I didn't give in!
Grandma Connie