Friday, August 5, 2011

Belated birthday pics!

The Spiderman cake in all its glory. And, no, we still have no idea where this sudden interest in Spiderman came from.

I think she MAY have been excited by the prospect of frosting...



Kate was appalled when we suggested we cut the cake. She announced, "NO, I think all this frosting is for me." We did end up sharing it, but she had dipped her finger in pretty much every spot.


Instead of birthday hats (as we couldn't find Spiderman--the only Kate-approved choice), Kate donned a birthday crown, much to her delight.

One year later, her love of Cars has not passed!

Sheesh! I've got such a backlog of photos and no time to post them--who knew unpacking with two kids would be SO time-consuming. Actually, I could have guessed it would be, but it's an even slower process than I thought. Basically, it's something like: open box, answer one call for "Mommy!", take one thing out of the box, break up a fight over a toy, try to take that one thing to a spot, kiss a bump or bruise....and on like that. Which mean I'll likely be unpacking until they enter school. Oh well. We LOVE our new house, even if there are still lots of boxes! As for all the photos I have to post, it will happen sometime....hopefully sometime before they start school (or at least the one entering pre-school!)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kate's birthday party was just as unique as she is. Her request for 3 balloons and Spiderman frosting (not necessarily cake) made a perfect party for a three year old. The park was a wonderful place and it's right across the street from the new house! After 2 years in a row at the park, I think it has become a birthday tradition. Great day, great place, GREAT KATE.
Grandma Connie