Saturday, February 26, 2011

It seems I haven't had much to write about of late mainly because: the kids have been sick for a week and it has been COLD (-3 this morning!) so we've been stuck inside and even with all this inside-time there never seems to be any time to use the computer since there are always noses to wipe and tantrums to avert. But enough complaining. All this time confined to the house has meant there's been a lot of time to have great conversations with Kate. Her mind astounds me every day. Of course, I can't really remember any specifics now that I'm sitting here but we did have one yesterday that lead me to believe she hasn't quite grasped the whole marriage concept:

Kate: "mommy, I already have a husband."

Me: "Really, who is it?"

Kate: "It's Will. And your husband is Grandma Connie."

Me: "Then who is daddy married to?"

Kate: "Uncle Jay!"

Now, I think this is all kinds of illegal in most states but must sound grand to a toddler who loves her family! In other Kate news, she is still mystified and annoyed by "Kookaburra." Yesterday, she was singing it and, given her rendering of the lyrics, I think I can see why. I think the song goes "kookaburra lives in an old gum tree, merry, merry King of the bush is he..." Kate was singing, "Kookaburra lives in an old dunk tank, very, hairy King of the bush is he..." Dunk tank? Where has she even heard that?? In Will news, he's still enjoying his expanding palate. He's now had rice cereal, millet, sweet potatoes, yams, carrots, avocadoes, pears, apples and bananas. He's eating with gusto! He's also just about sitting up and the most confounding thing in his universe right now is that he can't figure out how to get his knee into his mouth when he's in the bath. Oh, the trials of a five-month-old!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My favorite Kate comment last week was, "Grandma, your fingers are lovely. You must paint them purple." I was flattered, but right after that she said, "You're a kookaburra." Does she mean "very hairy" etc etc??
Grandma Connie