Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Food: here Will comes!


I wasn't planning on starting Will on any solids until 6 months (clearly, he's not in need of extra sustenance...) but he so obviously wants to eat "real" food that I figured we might as well go for it. His desire to eat has become more and more evident each day, topped off yesterday when Starla had to literally pry a banana away from him. He drools like crazy whenever he sees food and would gladly stuff it in his mouth, even though he has no hint of a tooth. This is a totally new experience because Kate never, ever eyed our food (in fact, she still doesn't care much). It took me months before she would even eat solids more than once a day, and then she only really went wild for any sort of dairy product. Will, on the other hand, is shaping up to be the opposite. He looks at spinach with lust in his eyes, so I'm crossing my fingers that this is a good sign about his nutritional future. As for his first try at food, he went at it with gusto. I don't know if he swallowed much because he still has the tongue-thrust thing going on, but he was definitely willing to try. Then he got a little mad whenever I took the spoon out of his mouth; he didn't even want to wait long enough for me to reload! So, he's got a few things to learn but I think he's going to relish this process. I can't believe he's already eating....slow down, my sweet little boy, and don't grow up too fast!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is a sign of the future--there is no holding Will Singleton back! He looks so much older sitting in a chair and eating. How I miss that not-so-little baby.
Grandma Connie

Anonymous said...

Way to go Will! It's always good to have another member of the family who eats with gusto. Maybe he can take over my "eater" nickname. I would be happy to pass the torch!
xoxo Auntie Courtney